Collections Specialist/Jr Accountant
MediaRadar is a cloud-based ad sales information service. We help websites, magazines, television networks, and newspapers dramatically improve ad sales and client management. MediaRadar provides its clients with detailed brand analysis and prospecting reports on over 2.6 million brands, culling advertising and editorial insights from more than 16,000 media properties. We help to give our more than 1600 clients a competitive edge by empowering their Sales Teams to enhance and streamline their sales processes using our unique SaaS platform service.
We are seeking a strong, experienced, detail-oriented Collections Specialist/Junior Accountant.
Collections are an integral part of every organization. We are looking for someone that is 100% committed to this position, someone that wants to take ownership and sees this role as a challenge. While collections will be a major portion of the role, this position will also be involved in the accounting team's day to day operations, including A/R, A/P and contract management.
What you'll be doing:
- Own the Accounts Receivable and collections functions.
- Research and analyze the reasons for open receivables and develop standard and ‘outside the box’ solutions to collect on open invoices.
- Develop and execute a unique strategy to resolve open issues and collect outstanding amounts.
- Summarize individual account balances and escalate problems in a clear, concise manner.
- Provide insights, trends and observations about open accounts.
- Focus on improving the DSO and reducing the number of outstanding invoices greater than 30 days outstanding.
- Adhere to MediaRadar’s collection scripts and escalation policies.
- Build a strong rapport with our customers and staff.
- Assist in the preparing and processing of new customer invoices.
- Review and enter new sales contracts into Salesforce.
- Work with the Renewals team on revised/superseded contracts.
- Identifies recurring issues with others on our team and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Assists in the Accounts Payable process, including coding expenses, credit card reconciliations and processing expense reports.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business preferred.
- Must have knowledge of billing and collections procedures and 2+ years of collections experience.
- Must be comfortable making 30+ collection calls a day.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accounting experience a big plus.
- Must be highly organized and love to live in the details!
- Goal oriented and able to work independently.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Salesforce is a plus.
- Fun is part of our DNA – a sense of humor is a must.
Check out our company profile on The Muse! https://www.themuse.com/companies/mediaradar
At MediaRadar, employees are encouraged to have fun and develop strong relationships with their peers. Employees love to spend their free time playing ping-pong and socializing with co-workers in and out of the office, whether at happy hours or volunteer events. Team members also strengthen their bonds at holiday functions and monthly office parties, and they enjoy great perks like Bagel Wednesdays and early release on Fridays during the summer. We also offer fantastic career progression, training and development, and a great benefits package that includes a competitive salary, first-rate health insurance, 401K, and transit discounts.